Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Steam is very addicting! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

2 posters

Steam is very addicting!

Khalus
    Khalus

Steam is very addicting! Empty Steam is very addicting!

Post by Khalus Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 am

So yeah, I'm not only having a blast with Steam, and I know I'm very late joining this service, but at least I'm there finally. People I've known have been trying to get me on there for awhile now, and now that I've joined and have been playing with it I don't know why I was so hesitant. Guess it was just me refusing to come around to digital ownership of games instead of having the actual box and manual, and even those are kinda worthless now. The boxes don't even have manuals most the time, or at least not what they used to be.

I got started on the first day of the holiday sale and gifts event because it sounded like fun to try and win some free games and hopes of winning the grand prize of every game on Steam, unlikely but why not try! Well actually I suppose it started the day I got Skyrim, since you had to use Steam to play before the non-steam patch was released. Thats when I found out games had achievements, and I love trying to earn those.

Fast forward to the holiday sales and I bought Dungeons of Dredmor, cause it too had achievements that sounded fun to earn. I already had it from torrents, heck everything I now own I already had from torrents, but none of them had achievements since they were not owned through Steam. Imagine that...I'm actually paying for my games again, after nearly a decade of shady playing. Having a job with money to spend helps for sure.

The first gift I received was a DOTA 2 Hardware Survey, and I had no idea what it was, but a little digging around and I found out that the DOTA community are pinning for access to the beta and they're offering up to $60 for beta access to a game that'll be F2P upon release sometime next year. After much advertising and talking with dozens of members and seeing what they'd offer me for trade, someone finally offered me a great deal, and bought the top 6 games from my wishlist ~ about $22.50 worth:

• Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
    • Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters
    • Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
    • Gundemonium Collection {Gundemonium Recollection, Hitogata Happa, GundeadliGne}

I've also bought Plants vs. Zombies, Avadon: The Black Fortress and the most recent Humble Bundle for $10 and got 12 games total from that. {gave all the money to the developers, they deserve it most instead of charities!}

Next up for sale today, that I'm thinking about getting, is the King's Bounty trilogy for $8.74. Yep, I'm addicted and probably have more games already than I have time to play and still want more, but all told, I've only spent less than $15 thus far.
    And there are still 5 days of holiday sales, yet to come....ROFL!
    Khalus
    Khalus

Steam is very addicting! Empty Re: Steam is very addicting!

Post by Khalus Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:20 am

ROFL...this is too much fun!

So yeah, I realized this morning that there was a gift pile achievement for "And Yet it Moves" that I got in the indie bundle, so I played for a bit to earn that unlock and get a gift! And you wouldn't believe this ~ I got another DOTA 2 beta invite thingie...

So once again I made a post on the forums, asking for several games from my wishlist totaling around $25! After about 20min I got a response offering to buy the top 7 games on my list:

Actually ended up being 9 titles since two are bundles... {^guess I don't have to buy King's Bounty after all^}

I'm really liking this holiday event, and people with too much money and no patience~! I do believe I've got plenty of games now! Guess I should get to unlocking more gift pile achievements and see if I can't find another DOTA 2 thingie! heheheheh
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:22 am

just don't do what my wife did and rack up 500 dollar bill on steam that was a fun month let me tell u
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 am

I see, well I've still only spent a grand total of $15 at this point and have almost every game I wanted. There are still several that I'd like to have but considering the library I have now, they can wait. Although I am planning to purchase 2 more games here shortly:

Since they're very cheap today ~ $3.73 total, and both have gift pile achievements. It'd be too awesome to get one more DOTA 2 thingie and have someone buy another handful of "wishlist" games. Still have 4 days remaining, so it could happen, and there may be a few more titles I may buy for achievements or just because they're really cheap and possibly fun! I think the maximum where I should cut myself off at is $37...before this is all over, so that leaves me with $22 yet to spend!

I think I'm doing a pretty damn good job so far...hehe
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Went ahead and bought Terraria also since its on sale today for $2.49. Been wanting to try it. Then I decided to total up what I've spent in the last week on Steam, and I'm up to $18.71 now, with $18.21 remaining of the $37 I'm cutting myself off at.

In total now, I've gotten 34 games since Dec 19th. This is probably more than enough, but we'll see if there are any more good deals in the 4 remaining days of the holiday sales!

Also I unlocked 3 more gift pile achievements today, sadly all 3 were coal rewards....lame. The one from AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome took me over 3 hrs to unlock. Very fun game, but it was really difficult to earn, and here I thought my coordination was great. This game is a great challenge!

Sequence is $1.24 today and I highly recommend ya get it. Its like DDR for your fingers, but with 3 different screens you have to manually switch between for offense, defense and mana refill which is required to cast spells. Plus they're all in sync to the music, so if ya time it right you'll still be with the same beat as you jump from screen to screen. Very very cool, and the music is really good too! Its like an RPG, with an interesting story, including crafting and the like!

Anyway...have a few more achievements to work on while I await this sleeping pill to kick in.{been having trouble falling asleep the past few days...} and the new deals should be posted soon too.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Oh and lastly, I have 7 coal now and can change it into a gift, but I dunno if I should risk getting a crappy coupon. I kinda dunno if I care about the drawing for all the games on Steam anymore, especially when there are many users showing off they have several hundred pieces of coal. It like do I even have a chance at those odds...

What do ya think...risk it, or wait for drawing!?
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 am

Well damn, 4 pieces of coal in a row! I think my free game acquisition may have come to a close...

...though I suppose, hoping for a 3rd DOTA 2 thingie is pushing it!
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm

If I ever say I'm bored and have nothing to play during 2012, smack me ~ smack me really hard. I just bought the Magicka Collection and the Hoard Collection being on sale today. That puts me up to about $28 I've spent so far.

Oh and btw, unless you're nuts or incredible skilled and lucky, the gift pile achievements for Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac are damn near impossible to earn. Some have but most havn't and there are major complaints on the forums. I can't get past the incredibly difficult 1st of 5 stages in SMB, and I've spent over 14hrs playing BoI and still havn't run into the boss you need but once, when I was too weak and didn't stand a chance...le sigh

Anyway...the Hoard and Magicka achievements look much easier so lets hope I get something other than coal, which is all I've gotten recently, on both my accounts!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:02 am