Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

3 posters

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}

Khalus
    Khalus

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  Empty Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}

Post by Khalus Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Another busy day that I thought about resting since I work tonight, but meh; if I don't do anything then nothing gets done...hehe!

Met my step-father at our local Hoods Discount Home Center; where last week I found some carpet I was interested in, but chose to wait and look other places first. While there were a few nicer carpets, thicker and longer threads elsewhere, they were made of Polyester. Which feels quite rough and course and could give ya a serious carpet burn if ya ran a body part too fast on it.

We decided to return to Hoods today and bought the carpet we looked at last week, which is made of Nylon, much much softer, shorter threads and not as thick, but as I said very soft. You'd have to try really hard to get a carpet burn from this stuff.

I have a rather shoddy picture of the carpet below, its still wrapped up for now and I'll get a better one later, but you can at least see the color scheme. I chose one that had multiple dark colors which will better hide dirt and hair plus it matches the scheme of the basement quite well.

I also stopped by Home Depot yet again after dropping off the carpet, and bought 5 sheets of 7/16 x 4' x 8' OSB Sheathing Board for the walls. I decided to go with this instead of drywall because there isn't any down here to begin with and its quite brittle and annoying to deal with. This sheathing its really tough, far heavier and should I decide to mount my 40" HDTV on the wall, it'll be easier than with the drywall.

Course this stuff is quite rough on one side that would give ya a serious case of splinters if ya ran your hand down it, however; the other side is really smooth, which of course is the side that will be facing out. {could still get a splinter, but not as likely} Also, I've been unable to locate the same wood paneling that is already down here, so this sheathing kinda blends with it better, and it'll look nice once its painted a nice dark brown.

Anyway, I have a few more images for ya:

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4378

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4380

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4376

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4377
    Kirita

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  Empty Re: Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}

Post by Kirita Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 am

Ok I tried - I mean I really tried - not to ask this question. I seriously considered super glueing my lips together, but in the end, curiosity won.
    What were you thinking about doing that made you want to avoid carpets which gave you serious carpet burn if you "ran a body part too fast on it"?
    Khalus
    Khalus

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  Empty Re: Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}

Post by Khalus Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:59 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I had a feeling that was going to be asked! Remember I have 2 Labs and I tend to play with them often, on the floor and believe it or not; many times I end up lunging around or act being pulled by their toys, and it can result in sliding ones arm or leg, foot too fast across the carpet! {possible even ones face, it has happened before...}

Or there are many times I've fallen asleep beside them, and having a soft and comfortable carpet would really help...heh

Now I gotta ask, what were you thinking!? I have some ideas, but ya I wanna know now silly!
    Kirita

Post by Kirita Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:13 am

Looks wide eyed and innocent! I really had no idea what you might have had in mind Wink - being dragged across the floor by the dogs wasn't someething I'd considered tho!
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Finished building the wall today. Very happy with its outcome and I'm very happy to finally be done with the hardest parts of this project. I still need to lightly sand it and then give it a coat of paint before even considering laying the new laminate flooring around it. Another day though...

I need to start going through my stuff, mostly a ton of boxes from all the PC parts I've bought the last few years and some other odds and ends and organize it all. I've got quite a few carpet remnant of various sizes/colors to give away on Craig's List, then start moving things around to get the floors prepped.

Anyway, here are a few images of the finished wall:

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4397

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4399

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4403
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Decided to roll out one of the carpet pieces intended for the steps to see how it looked down here. I love it, and yeah I got down on it and its soooo soft...ROFL!

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4411

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4408

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4409

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4406
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:55 am

now build us an MMO with your mad building skills, also your basement is looking really good, soon you will have your cave.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:50 am

Alrighty then...

Its been a few days cause I really don't know what happened, but I must've caught this "I don't wanna do anything bug" or all this work plus getting used to my new job finally caught up to me and I've just been so exhausted I just wanted to lie in bed and do nothing for awhile ~ and the latter is pretty much what I did...hehe

Also the next step was painting the wall and getting all the hanging ceiling reinstalled, which was extremely tedious and took a long time, plus its incredibly itchy and annoying and made me sneeze so much! achooooo....

On that painting the wall note, do you all think the color is too dark? Its like a deep chocolate brown, which I got for $5.00 as a mistake paint ~ hey can't be choosy when trying to save money. Anyway, I also have this much lighter brownish/tan, also a mistake paint I got for $5, but I was thinking of painting the already white door I plan to buy that color, but I suppose the door and wall being the same wouldn't be all that bad, or leave the door white and paint the wall the lighter tan. Well, check the image below for the paint can of what I'm talking about!

Next part will be to finally get started on the laminate wood flooring, which I've installed many times before and shouldn't take very long, and as for the carpet, once I get all the tack strips down and the padding, I may just hire a friend of the family to come in and do the carpet stretching for me, or at least help me so I know how in the future should I need to install carpet again...

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4439

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4431

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4432

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4433

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4436

Basement Renovation Project {Pt 02 before}  100_4437
    Kirita

Post by Kirita Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 am

So you didn't fall asleep on your very soft new carpet then? Thought there might have been more room on it than on the bed lol.
    Personally I think that as your room is a cellar, anything that lightens it would be best - so I'd go for the white door and the lighter tan paint myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 pm