Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
POL is working for me finally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

3 posters

POL is working for me finally!

Khalus
    Khalus

POL is working for me finally! Empty POL is working for me finally!

Post by Khalus Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 pm

At least for the moment it is, and I hope it continues to work. The real test will be to shut it down and try loading it back up, which I suppose I should do now, or this entire post I'm about to write would become null...hehe

~ A few moments later ~

Success, I shut it down and and restarted it 3 times without any trouble! I really wanna know why it wouldn't work a few months ago when I had tried to return ~ when was that sometime in Feb or March...anyway...

So then, now the question at hand, that I've been mulling around for a few months now, and I know several of you have also been considering it as well ~ Would you be interested in returning to Vana'diel!? And looking at the date just now, this is kinda a time sensitive question as well, in order to sign up at the most nominal time without losing any of the days we're paying for. Its May 30th today, which is nearly over, and from past talks with SE the best day to sign up for a new or reactivating an account would be the 2nd of each month, and June 2nd is fast approaching!

And there I was playing XIV the last few days, even met 2-3 players that have also returned to XIV or are a new player to check out whats changed. I joined their LS and we've been doing leves and behest together some, but more or less talking alot! I brought up FFXI today and said I'd love to return someday, but couldn't due to POL not wanting to cooperate. One of them hadn't played since just after Level Sync was added, and the other never, but is intrigued by what I had to say ~ though kinda turned off by the dated graphics, which I told her could be heavily beefed up and linked images of on our EE chatbox. They were much more interested after seeing how much better it could look through some tweaking of the registry and .dat mods.

I will of course ask them to join us in XI, should we be returning here shortly, which in all honesty is extremely tempting. Even if none of ya choose to return with me, I may do at least a month just to be able to run around Vana'diel again. I miss the world and the stories so much, and I'd greatly love to get up to lvl 90 and go back to all the older content and finally finish it. {I know I've said this before, and we tried last year; made some good progress too, then XIV launched and well you all know how it went from there on...}

Even if we don't get to play together very often and have to opt for solo most the time, or the random group of adventurers, it'd still be great to be playing XI again...

Anyway, I'm sending out a newsletter pointing to this thread so everyone sees it and can respond in the next few days if you're interested! I also have a free 30 day account with the first Abyssea expansion I bought back when it was on sale for $5 that I could give to someone possibly should they want/need to restart entirely...
    Khalus
    Khalus

POL is working for me finally! Empty Re: POL is working for me finally!

Post by Khalus Mon May 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Well, apparently the newsletter I sent wouldn't go through to most of ya here, it says it couldn't be delivered for some odd reason or another, so hopefully you'll all still see this post eventually...
    Kirita

Post by Kirita Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 am

I'd really like to come and run around with you all, as I didn't get to do it much in XIV, but atm I don't have the time for much gaming - and with summer hopefully round the corner (freezing here atm) I doubt I'll be playing much for quite some time.
    But have a great time and report back your adventures Smile
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Tue May 31, 2011 2:39 am

Well thats the thing, I don't know how much I'll play either, plus it been getting really hot here and while I enjoy the heat, staying out in it too much has not been good for my eye. So I doubt I'll get out much and will need something inside to keep me occupied. I'd also like to start saving more of my checks instead of spending it all on these improvements so much and slow down on them a bit.

And if ya want, I do have that 30-day new account I bought and you're welcome to use it if you don't already have an XI account too see how it goes for ya, then decide from there. Though I suppose, lets wait and see what others say first...
    Kirita

Post by Kirita Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 am

That's nice of you Khalus. However, it would really be a waste as I honestly don't expect to be able to do much gaming for a while. Appreciate the offer tho Smile.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am

Alrighty, if ya insist, but hopefully you'll find time eventually. I'm sure I'll prolly be playing quite a bit more than I'm thinking...its XI and I've been dying to play it again as nothing else is keeping my attention.

With the cap being 90, once there it'll be easy to go back and finally complete all the storylines I've been missing out on for years now. Most I'm sure I'll be able to solo, but it'd be great if we could duo/trio some of it too.

The only thing I worry about is if I get an invite to Abyssea, as I've only got the first part, I'd have to buy the other two, either way it'd cost $20 which isn't much, but ah well. Guess I'll worry about that if it happens.

Oh, as far as getting the ppl I met in XIV to join us...doesn't look like that will happen. They seem to be quite content in Hydaelyn even though they have other chars. already at lvl 50, with the best gear and all the new NMs defeated many times. They're just doing it again on a new char/world, but don't seem to excited to do the NM thing again after they reach 50 so LOL....ah well!

I'm sure we can find new friends, even start a new LS if need be and invite/help new players. I hear there are quite a few new ppl playing of late due to how much easier it is to solo and make progress, especially with the new grounds of valor and FoV not having an hourly restriction.
    Ondyne
    Ondyne

Post by Ondyne Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Hrm. I'd play again, but it depends on which job I'm getting. If I'm doing Xbox support, I could probably play while working (hehe) if I'm watching Charlie's coworkers' kids, I don't think I'll have time. I'll find out by the 15th though, because thats when the Xbox job starts, and I'm not starting and stopping a job.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Ah, its ok...apparently I'll not be playing now after contacting SE...read my other topic. And yeah I just don't have it in me to jump through so many hoops and deal with that crap again just play a game. There are plenty of other games ad things I could be doing in less time and cost nothing if a company is gonna be that stupid and not want my money...le sigh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:02 pm