Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
7-day GPU trial I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

2 posters

7-day GPU trial

Khalus
    Khalus

7-day GPU trial Empty 7-day GPU trial

Post by Khalus Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:56 am

So I've been having thoughts of getting back into Rift, and instead of waiting on the 60-day game card to drop price again, I recalled there is a 7-day trial now. So I of course started a new account to try it out with my new GPU, and to see if I even want to play this again yet.

So anyway, with my old 275 I was getting around 27-33fps avg on I'd say medium/high settings, but I had to turn AA/AF and Trilinear filtering off entirely and shadows to low. There is also a new option I don't recall having been there before, called multipass terrain, which acts like a cheap DX11 feature and adds new dimensions and textures to the art. With it off the stones in the road look flat, and on it makes them look more rounded, shaded and have depth around the edges.

With the GTX 580 I have now, I can turn all that stuff on, Supersampling AA, 16x AF, and the multipass terrain, as well as trilinear filtering and every slider to maximum. All while keeping a very briskly paced 38-46fps. Its very nice! It does drop into the 28-32fps range in areas rife with other players and huge open areas with lots of stuff going on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now then, about resubscribing is gonna be a tough call, cause I think I've been losing interest in playing such slow tactical or turn-based style of games with the hidden dice rolls in the BG. I'm having more interest in playing FPSs and more action oriented games, where each bullet you fire or sword swing that lands causes a considerable amount of damage. TERA has actually gotten more interesting of late, and yeah I'm still quite interested in SW:TOR for the story...nothing is gonna stop me from playing my Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor ~ 'drool ~

Anyway...
    Khalus
    Khalus

7-day GPU trial Empty Re: 7-day GPU trial

Post by Khalus Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 pm

So yeah, after several more attempts at playing, during the past few days of this trial, I've come to the conclusion that Rift no longer holds my attention. Granted it could be because I'm not on "my" character that I spent a month playing already, but still the world and story just don't interest me anymore.

Ah well...

Kirita

Post by Kirita Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 am

Quote from a Tera writer on MMORPG :

How about PVP in TERA? Players can either be elected or take a province by force through PVP. Does that mean that all of TERA is open world PVP?

David Noonan: Not exactly, players will have the choice to be on a server that has PVP in most of the world with a few safe zones or choose a server with PVP only in designated zones. So it really is about player choice.

Not that much of a choice then Sad if you're not a pvp-er. "A few safe zones" sounds a bit underwhelming to me.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:53 am

That is very true...I hate having PvP forced on you, or having to visit areas that have it always enabled to proceed. I hope PvP in SW:TOR will be like other MMOs where you opt to play on a PvE or PvP server, and their are battlefields you choose to go in, leaving the rest of the world PvE exclusively with optional duels. {sometimes I get the itch to pop into a battlefield to see if it'll entertain me for a moment}

At this point though, I'm really hoping XIV will be as good as they're claiming it will be by end of summer, then there is always FFXI that I'd love to get into again and just may when the account merger and new billing options become available end of July/early August!

I'm really getting upset with how horribly dumbed down MMOs and most games have become in the last decade. If you look back at FFXI, EQ and UO...the depth and amount of details and well you probably know what I mean. MMOs these days are so, well not at all like those games of old. And I really hate all this focus on PvP and raids as the primary "thing to do" especially when most the MMO devs out there tend to place a great deal of emphasis on PvE...when its not that great and there is very little or no PvE progress at the level caps.

Le sigh...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:28 am