Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Been playing XIV again... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

3 posters

Been playing XIV again...

Khalus
    Khalus

Been playing XIV again... Empty Been playing XIV again...

Post by Khalus Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, I wouldn't say steadily, but I am back on my original char on Kashuan. After reading about the Grand Companies being added in patch 1.18, the removal of the Fatigue/Surplus system, and the far simpler and much better equipment repairs, I've been getting the itch to play again.

Not to forget mentioning the addition of two new instanced dungeons that actually sounds and look great. The changes to enmity which I'm still iffy about the blinking red light, but the focus on guildleves being solo and auto-attack make for quite the update!

My highest rank class has been Pugilist, and after reading today about the companies requiring you be rank 22 to start their mission and register with one, plus the first dungeon requiring you be 25, I've been grinding leves/behest all day to get rank 25+ and start getting prepared for the changes. Still have almost a week, but might as well get used to playing a bit so I'm ready for this patch.

Last but not least, Chocobo have been confirmed for Patch 1.19....FINALLY!!!!

I’ve come to help settle some of your speculations! The chocobos that will be implemented in 1.19 will indeed be rental chocobos that you can control yourself, but this is just the first step with our feathery friends. Bayohne did drop some hints here about things we might be seeing in the future, though....

Wark~

This seems like a good spot to drop some information that we recently heard from Yoshida... He mentioned that the dev. team is currently thinking about two different approaches.

The first is pet-related content where players can raise chocobos and other mounts that anyone can ride. The second idea is centered around pets that can only be utilized by specific jobs.

However, we won't be picking just one concept to implement. Instead we will be looking into the specifications so that we can implement both. However, as we are not yet at the stage where we can disclose when the implementation timing will be. We hope that the current chocobo implementation planned for 1.19 will hold you all over in the meantime.

Devros
    Devros

Been playing XIV again... Empty Re: Been playing XIV again...

Post by Devros Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:16 pm

nice khal hope to see ya in game sometime. 1.18 update is looking to be a pretty darn big one hope it is as good as it looks.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 am

So yeah, in the last few days, I've been busy:

• Pugilist from 19 > 25
    • Marauder from 0 > 25
    • Conjurer from 18 > 22
    • Thaumaturge from 8 > 20
    • Sentinel from 14 > 20
    • Gladiator from 14 > 15 {just started it again}

Will probably start Lancer next, after I get Gladiator to 25. I did hit fatigue on every class too, and I'm so glad it'll be gone in a few days...its just so brutal! Dunno how anyone could enjoy playing with it.

Anyway, I'm actually having fun...I think, and per usual shall see how it goes after 1.18 releases. I'm glad to have taken the time to get ready for it, though I could have stopped after getting Pugilist to 25, so I suppose thats saying something!
    Touchi

Post by Touchi Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:58 am

okay so after spending 7 hours dling the patch in the office (very slow connection), i tried 1 leve before heading for home, and boy it sucks mostly coz everything is different, and i was having a harder time doing the same leve difficulties as pre-1.18, due to the higher mp cost of healing.

then when i got home i gave the game another go, and now somehow it feels very familiar, just like ffxi, auto-atk single target, use tp every few mins only (few secs in xiv), and theres no way to heal yourself properly as DD anymore.

also, judging from the complaints in lodestone forums, i assume you just can't spam heals or aoe nukes anymore even as healer or nuker class, just like in ffxi.

tanking is also more focused now, since you can easily monitor the hates. hence the needs for tank class.

the bad things though, if this really is going ffxi ways, solo would be just like the way in ffxi as well. heh, careful what you wished for khal Razz
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:27 pm

I actually think its worse than XI really...
    Touchi

Post by Touchi Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 pm

yeah coz its still a mix of xiv and xi, don't think its possible to change everything to xi style in 1 patch imo, but it really started to resemble xi model, or at least heading towards that way.

xi was roughly at the same state like xiv back in the days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:35 pm