Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Mass Effect I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

2 posters

Mass Effect

Khalus
    Khalus

Mass Effect Empty Mass Effect

Post by Khalus Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:51 am

So yeah, I finally decided to give this one a go. More or less its because I'm in this Sci-Fi kick mostly because of SW:TOR. Its been a very long time since I've played anything Sci-Fi and lately it just feels as though I'm slightly losing interest in fantasy. Been playing them for so long and not much has changed in the past decade it seems besides voice being added to them, and for the most part many really really suck, but anyway.

So yeah, why did I never play this earlier!? I mean right away I'm totally hooked, the story is mysterious, I like all the characters, the voices are incredible but expected of Bioware, and I'm really enjoying the lore.

I suppose one great thing about starting this series so late, is that I've got both 1 & 2 to play through, with part 3 only about a 1/2 year away or so. Won't have to wait very long to see and play through the whole trilogy!

Played for about 6 hrs last night, didn't even realize I spent so much time with it. I did everything possible I could on the Citadel and just recently became a Spectre, and have command of the Normandy now. Opened the Galaxy Map and sheesh...this is gonna be a very long game...

Last edited by Khalus on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Talos
    Talos

Mass Effect Empty Re: Mass Effect

Post by Talos Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 pm

if u do mostly everything yeah its a long game, if u do the main mission its a lot shorter also remember anything u do in mass effect 1 will effect 2 and 3 in some way.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah, I'm doing a great deal of exploring and completing everything I find.

Explored the galaxy last night quite a bit, am up to nearly 14hrs played now. Havn't progressed the main storyline since I left the Citadel. I did find Pinnacle Station and spent a great deal of time doing those trials...am stuck now as I'm just not strong enough yet to beat the 8th of the beginning ones. Shall return later on.

Exploring the planets in the rover thingie was kinda fun at first, but after awhile its become monotonous since the landscape doesn't seem to change much beyond its color, and all the building are of the same layout but some of the content and story I've been finding has been interesting.

Next session, I think I'm going to continue with the main story for a bit...
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 am

And finished at right about 23hrs. I did almost every side quest I ran into. Had a few collections remaining and 1-2 others I just didn't feel like doing cause of how bland the rover exploration into yet another duplicate building layout and group of mobs...lol

By the end, well actually most the game was quite simple even on the hardest difficulty one could choose at first, but it became even easier by the end. I was nearly unstoppable and took little damage, and even when I did I could repair or shield myself very quickly. {minus a rocket to the face, usually was an instant death, but meh...lol} Most the time I never took cover and just charged at most mobs shooting them dead as I progressed...hehe

The story was good, I played through the final several times to see different endings, but it doesn't seem to matter going into ME2 from what I read on ME ending sites. Guess we'll see when I start ME2 here in the next day or so.

After playing through this and experiencing the dialog tree from Bioware again...its been awhile since I really got into one of their games and listened to every option from everyone I encountered, I'm now more than ever verily excited to play SW:TOR. I think an MMO being fully voiced with options that can radically change the outcome of even the lowliest quests will make it quite entertaining to play through on all classes awesome, maybe even multiple times of the same class and make different choices ~ ya know since you can't save and reload a choice in an MMO...it'll make it interesting indeed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content