Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Just had an interesting offer presented to me! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

4 posters

Just had an interesting offer presented to me!

Khalus
    Khalus

Just had an interesting offer presented to me! Empty Just had an interesting offer presented to me!

Post by Khalus Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 pm

I've known for awhile now that my older sister has been wanting to move to Florida. We're in Missouri and the weather here can be odd and changes so rapidly it can be quite annoying, and this is one of her main complaints, which I agree with.

Apparently the housing market is the worst in the US down there than anywhere else, thus its quite cheap to buy there. She has been looking for over a year and has several places in mind that she wants to buy, one to move into and possibly several to fix up and rent out.

She asked me today if I would be interested in moving down there with them, and she'd rent one of the places out to me, and while it hasn't been discussed yet, I'd be assuming at near cost since I don't have the best track record with jobs of late. {more or less there aren't very many good jobs hiring here}

My youngest sister will be moving and possibly my father too, so more than likely we'd all be living around the same area. Or in one large apartment building. I recall she showed me once about 8mo ago that even those were going for less than 50k for 3-4 apartments together.

Anyway, I don't know all the details or recall exactly where, other than really far south near the tip, but its definitely got me thinking and considering it! Was even offered to come visit for awhile once they move there and decide after. They are hoping to sell one of their two houses here before winter, then move immediately, but that of course is all banking on selling a house here when there are literally hundreds in her area still for sale and nothing is selling!

I hope she sells one, and is able to move, cause I wouldn't mind the opportunity to get out of here either and start over in another state! Especially where it'd be nice and warm year round, and within 20min from the beach ~ never been to or seen the ocean yet.

Have any of you ever been to Florida or know much about it there!?

Tyr
    Tyr

Just had an interesting offer presented to me! Empty Re: Just had an interesting offer presented to me!

Post by Tyr Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:35 am

i have a lot of friends down there, its pretty humid and hot much like the south but its can be nice around fall and spring. have to watch out for wildlife and some really nice beaches down there
    Khalus
    Khalus

Just had an interesting offer presented to me! Empty Re: Just had an interesting offer presented to me!

Post by Khalus Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:21 am

Watch out for what kind of wildlife?
    Touchi

Post by Touchi Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 pm

i've been to florida, mostly only in the cities tho, miami, orlando. nice beaches indeed, and no threatening wildlife whatsoever, cept in the clubs =p

but i heard in more rural areas you gotta watch out for bugs, gators, and more bugs.

don't worry khal anywhere is just as good when its home =D
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 pm

and snakes, lots of snakes
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 am

ewwww, i hate Fla. stay away, your better where your at now. all the snakes and crazy storms it come in. i lived in Fla for a month and i bailed. i didnt even tell my landlord i just left. stop paying the rent and everything. worse place to live if u ask me, live in vegas housing market is way in the shitty there and houses are selling dirty cheap. i saw a 4 bedroom in good order in a nice area outside of vegas for like 90,000
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah, I've been looking into it more, and while its still a nice offer, I just dunno if I want to up and move that far. Plus I read up on all the major weather problems and lots and lots of dangerous animals that I don't have to deal with here.

Havn't said no yet, but its probably unlikely that I'd do it right away.

The more I think about it though, I do have a rather good situation going for myself here. And if I can ever find a worthwhile job that pays decently, I wouldn't mind eventually taking over the house I'm in. My step-father has told me it costs about $8000 - $9000 a year to keep this house running, including taxes. However, I tend to live very simplistic and cheap, and could probably get that down to as low as $6000 a year.

Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 pm

it doesn't really cost that much, it all depends on the land tax which cost the most. mine is about 2000 dollars a year, as for water power and cable. we spend about 200 a month on those. so it roughly cost me and the wife about 4200 a year to keep our house up and going and we live in San Diego.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm