Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Mists of Pandaria Expansion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

4 posters

Mists of Pandaria Expansion

Khalus
    Khalus

Mists of Pandaria Expansion Empty Mists of Pandaria Expansion

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Fuck Yeah!!!, Its about damn time Blizzard said fuck you to China and decided to do the Panda race anyway. I recall many many years ago they said they'd never do it because of China and not being able to release said race over there. So bravo Blizzard on finally saying who cares, and besides they could just re-skin the panda to look like another animal, like they had to do with the Undead race there and cover up the exposed bones!

And I'm impressed that they're finally adding a new class, after how many years. I wonder if it'll be a hero class like the Death Knight? No mention of it, but ah well...still neat!

Honestly though, why do I keep getting excited for WoW whenever Blizzard reveals a new expansion. And yeah its crossed my mind to possibly buy WoW again this winter if they do another $10 sale on each expansion. Though I probably wouldn't play again until this new expansion releases!
    Khalus
    Khalus

Mists of Pandaria Expansion Empty Re: Mists of Pandaria Expansion

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:56 pm

And here people thought WoW was dying because they lost 800k subscribers, but you can be sure they'll probably get them back and more with this expansion. A lot of it actually sounds really nice! {Can't believe I'm even saying this, but its how I feel about it!}

Their Racials are rather nice!

Pandaren Racials
    Like the other races of Azeroth, the pandaren have their own unique racial bonuses:

• Epicurean: Increase the stat benefits from food by 100%
    • Gourmand: Cooking skill increased by 15
    • Inner Peace: Your rested experience bonus lasts twice as long
    • Bouncy: You take 50% less falling damage
    • Quaking Palm: You touch a pressure point on an enemy target, putting it to sleep for 3 seconds.

Monk

Mists of Pandaria also introduces a new class, the monk. This class is deeply rooted in the martial arts and while they use weapons such as staves, fist weapons, one-handed axes, maces, swords, and more, their true strength lies in their hands and feet. This new class will feature unique animations, will shun the use of auto-attack, and will start at level one.

They can take on one of three different roles:

• Brewmaster: Tank
    • Mistweaver: Healer
    • Windwalker: Melee DPS

The pandaren have paved the way for the following races to learn the ways of the monk: draenei, dwarf, gnome, human, night elf, blood elf, orc, tauren, troll, and undead.

Much like druids, monks will benefit from leather armor with agility or intellect, depending on their build, and will depend on Chi (energy) for class-specific moves such as Jab and Roll. Jab will generate either Light or Dark Force, which can be expended to perform other moves.

Not quite sure what to think about the new pointless talent system! Very odd, but different!

New Talent System

Mists of Pandaria will take classes to the next level by offering choices that are more meaningful, starting with more flexible builds and true specializations.

Mists of Pandaria Expansion G6JXM9Q06GL41319149645982

Specialization

Players will be able to choose a specialization at level 10, giving them a new spec ability and opening up new options within that spec. As a character progresses, additional spec abilities will become available. Some of these may be existing talents, while others may be older core abilities that are more situational.

Example: Protection Paladin

• Level 10: Avenger’s Shield
    • Level 20: Hammer of the Righteous
    • Level 30: Judgments of the Just (Passive)
    • Level 40: Shield of the Righteous
    • Level 50: Grand Crusader (Proc)
    • Etc…

Starting with Mists of Pandaria, players will no longer spend talent points. The current three-tree talent system will change into a slim single talent tree per class in which players will earn talents every 15 levels. Each talent opens up one of three different available options within the tree for further specialization within the chosen spec. By trimming down the talent trees, the development team intends to create a system in which there are no mandatory talents or cookie cutter specs. Talents will also be easily changed, much like glyphs.

*For additional information on the new Talent System design, see the World of Warcraft Talent Panel blog.

I like the idea of these new scenarios...

Scenarios

Scenarios will allow small groups of players to adventure together in short instances, with progressive objectives and a story arc. Scenarios are completely role-less, meaning tanks or healers aren’t necessary to succeed -- any class combinations can work. Queues will be fast! Smaller scenarios will play similar to group quests and will help players earn faction reputation, while larger scenarios will play out like epic PvE battlegrounds with major objectives and plenty of scripted events.

The dungeon challenge mode with equally leved gear and unique statless rewards sounds neat and I like the Pet Bettle System...finally a use for all those hundreds of collectible pets!

Dungeon Challenge Modes

Heroic Dungeons will become easier for pick-up-groups (PuGs) to take on, but that won’t leave players who are looking for a more difficult path out in the cold. Dungeon Challenge Modes will let those looking for a deeper challenge take on dungeon runs with specific goals (complete dungeon in X minutes) and reward players who accomplish these goals with Bronze, Silver, or Gold medals. Challengers will also find their gear scaled to equalize the difficulty of the encounter for all players, creating a level playing field. To the victor will go the spoils, in the form of uniquely designed statless gear that can be utilized with Transmogrification to further define the look of a character.

Pet Battle System

Another new exciting feature that will be introduced with Mists of Pandaria is the Pet Battle System. This system will work much like a Secondary profession and any player can participate. Players will be able utilize their current non-combat pets or capture new non-combat pets to level them and battle them against others.

Very interesting new improvements!

Dungeons & Raids

The new expansion will introduce three new Raid dungeons and nine new dungeons with six of these being located within Pandaria. Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery will attain level-90 Heroic status, much like Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, with Scarlet Monastery becoming two separate dungeons.

With the addition of the Raid Finder in patch 4.3 and the new Challenge modes, the intention is to open up multiple opportunities for max-level players to take part in a variety of progression options.

*See the Dungeons and Raids blog for more information after the panel.

Quest Content

With Mists of Pandaria, the focus will be shifting to creating more repeatable max-level content while providing incentives for all players, including those who take part in dungeons and raids. Quests on Pandaria will provide a less linear experience, with multiple quest hubs to choose from, but don’t count on flying until you reach max level.

The developers are also taking a hard look at factions and future faction reputation will be earned through gameplay, without the need to utilize a tabard to grind rep. Opportunities similar to the recent Molten Front quest dailies will provide rich max-level solo content in Pandaria.

PvP

Mists of Pandaria will be adding three new Battlegrounds and a new Arena to World of Warcraft.

New Battlegrounds

Stranglethorn Diamond Mines: “Payload” gameplay
    Valley of Power: “Murderball” gameplay
    Azshara Crater: DOTA-style gameplay

New Arena

The Tol’vir Proving Grounds will utilize the sweeping vistas of Uldum and the Tol’vir art style with a simple layout based on Nagrand Arena.

Account Wide Achievements

Achievements will now become available at the Battle.net account level. Many achievements will be shared among characters, including those for raiding and maxing out professions.

Major Class Changes

Here’s a brief look at some of the planned class changes:

Hunters: Hunter minimum range (including the dead zone) and melee weapon use will be removed.

Warlocks: This class will be gaining a unique resource for each spec type in their arsenal.

Shaman: Buff totems will be removed and all totems will become utility totems.

Druids: This class has always felt as if it had four specs, so now it will.

For All Classes:

Spell books will be cleaned up
    Rotations will be improved
    Spells will be automatically learned
    Several new spells will be added
    Specs will be more developed
    Above all, talent trees should be FUN

We’ll be revealing more details over the course of the development of this exciting new expansion and we look forward to sharing this information with you in the months ahead.
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:17 pm

.............BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA........sigh did blizzard learn something?
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 pm

kind of makes me want to play WoW again....oh wtf am i saying dear god
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 pm

ROFL...I know right! At least it won't be releasing until at least next summer...
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:42 pm

oh......so a year to get to level 85 then? lol. i hate myself for saying this but i might actually use these game card for wow which has been sitting on my desk for almost over a year. just for giggles. god i can't believe i just said that
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Well, I dunno when its getting released, but I'm banking summer / fall! They said there would be 2 new expansions in the next 3 years, so it makes sense!
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 pm

yeah, so used the game card.....i feel dirty now really dirty
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:34 pm

That was a quick decision...figured you wait awhile or at least until closer to this expansion release. I know every time I get into WoW I end up rage quitting and selling my account, screaming "NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I think I've done that at least 3-4 times now. What is it about WoW that makes me keep wanting to come back...ARGH, Damnit!

Course I only plan to consider this if they have the $10 sale on each expansion like last year, which I'd probably buy now and save for Pandaria. I'm not gonna pay $30+ for WotLK or Cata again...

What server are you on, maybe I'll in-the-least reinstall WoW, and do their unlimited free trial at least on one character to 20 sometime. Maybe we can meet up or whatnot...heh
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 am

Very very very nice! I've been wanting to see something like this for so damn long. I never enjoyed raiding, and there has been a ton of story, quests and areas I've never gotten to see because it required being a hard core raider to do so. Even the raid finder in general is a nice addition, but this will make it even better!

Q: Are any changes in store for dungeons and raids?

As with the upcoming patch 4.3, Mists of Pandaria will include a third difficulty level for raids. Expect one difficulty to be roughly equivalent to the current normal mode, one to be about on par with the current Heroic mode, and one to be much more pick-up-group-friendly. Our goal is to allow more players to be able to experience the content -- especially the climactic boss encounters that are a part of each expansion’s story arc -- while still satisfying players looking for the most epic challenges and rewards.

And I read elsewhere, that you still earn whatchamacallit points to buy the raid gear from doing these PUG-finder raids! About damn time, the casual player is given the opportunity to earn the best gear without 'really' raiding!

Damnit all to hell...Blizzard why must though convince me to wanna return to Azeroth once again!
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm

my friend always gets tons of free game cards from work, so if i want another one i just let him know and just hands me a handful. he has a file cabinet at work just full of gamecards it crazy
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:14 am

Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:48 pm

makes me want to go back to wow, i like how they choose wich faction to join at 10
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Its certainly gotten me interested in playing again, but I'm not going to make the mistake of returning early again. I'll wait until this releases and decided on if to play then. And who knows, Guild Wars II may actually be done by then, and I'm more interested in that than anything else right now.

Also, why can't Blizzard ever have the female model for their new races finished in a timely manner and not be redesigned a half-dozen times leading up to release. I get the odd feeling we're gonna see a repeat of the Female Worgan again...

I've always liked the character designs of Wakfu, so if Blizzard plans to continue taking their inspiration from others, I like to see their Female Panda more resemble this:

Mists of Pandaria Expansion 7470_render_panda_fille
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Q: Pandas? Why??
    A: This is something I want to touch on a bit more. People seem to think that Pandaren were a joke, a throw away easter egg that we never fully intended as a playable race.

I will direct you to recall the Warcraft RPG (pen and paper) manuals released in 2003. While much of it hasn't been canon for quite some time, the Pandaren occupy a greater amount of pages and space within the manuals to establish their lore and story than pretty much every other creature on Azeroth. To give it some context, they occupy the same number of pages as Trolls in the Monster Manual, and share the same amount space in the Alliance and Horde Compendium with Orcs or Humans, and just like them ... you guessed it... Pandaren were a playable race.

(there's also an awesome sketch Metzen did of a Pandaren, Dwarf, Furbolg, and Gnome hanging out all friendly-like)

As I said a lot of this was pre-World of Warcraft, and by whatever stroke of fate, Trolls and Forsaken became playable races and Pandaren, Naga, and Furbolgs did not. Some other mix could have just as easily been true, and no one would have questioned it. Worgen didn't even exist back then, of course, they were a new creation for World of Warcraft.

It would simply be inaccurate to state that Pandaren were a throw away. Our intent, going back to Warcraft III, when the vast majority of the world lore and story was established for the franchise, was always to have a deep and rich history for a race known as the Pandaren.
    Touchi

Post by Touchi Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:52 pm

arrghhh who can resist a panda??? especially kungfu panda??? and now playable in WoW??? definitely not me!!!

i don't understand why they waited that long for releasing pandaren, i've seen pandas in warcraft 3 before (even the giant one that says "biggest panda ever" as its description), so i don't think its because of china, prolly this is their secret weapon in case something like what you said about 800k subs leaving. "unleash our nukes" they say =p
    somehow i knew something like this would happened, thats why i still keeps my WoW installed.

on the side note, i believe china claim the actual animal as theirs anywhere in the world, but definitely not the images whether its photographic or cartoons.

btw will the pandas be horde or alliance?

sigh, wish i still have my game time, maybe when my kid got big enough to game with me...
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Touchi wrote:
    btw will the pandas be horde or alliance?

Both, everyone starts on the back of a giant sea turtle, where a bunch of Pandas left Pandarian a long time ago and are nothing like the neutral ones back on the mainland. Once you reach lvl 10 in the starting area and are ready to leave, you get to choose your faction ~ Horde or Alliance.

Mists of Pandaria Expansion Cupcakes

Mists of Pandaria Expansion Art61

Mists of Pandaria Expansion Art63

I'm definitely interested in returning, but with the major overhaul to the talent trees, and HP{yeah Blizzard said that HP has gotten too high so they're greatly reducing it for MoP ~ rather funny cause the said the opposite before Cataclysm and made it really high!} As I said, I'd rather wait until MoP releases and return then with a new Panda Monk.

I was also a little skeptical of only 5 new zones, but after seeing the Pandaria map along side one of the largest zones from Cataclysm...the new zones are massive!

Mists of Pandaria Expansion Pp05

And I really like what Blizzard are saying behind why MoP instead of something else. Basically every expansion has been rather serious with a major boss from the lore to take down, and Pandaria is more a casual funny romp, or a cool down period instead of something major once again. That isn't to say there won't be great tension and war between the Horde and Alliance. They also said we'll finally get a lot more confrontations and story on that.

Its about time, cause its been kinda boring basically working together since BC...
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:00 am

i abused a time card for WOW, for a orc warrior named DAka fang anyways i am already like level 50 only played maybe 10 hours at the most lol. i remember when leveling was actually something hard to do
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:16 am

Yeah, back in the day, getting 1-2 levels a week in most MMOs was amazing progress. Mostly because leveling was not all you did to advance. Crafting was meaningful and the only way to really get good stuff and make money, not to mention you'd spend countless hours fighting lower lvl mobs and turning in their semi-rare drops for faction points to get into certain cities. {EQ reference} Or in just finding a good camp thats not already taken over.

I really do miss those days...

Are ya having fun though?
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:59 pm

yeah find a WoW causal guild there nice and been explaining all the new stuff to me which helps me learn, WoW has been water down tho. i mean like u said i miss the days of good old AO and eq. i just hope gw2 is awesome which i am sure it will be. plus with planetside 2 and archage around it will be nice to see how they turn out.
    Touchi

Post by Touchi Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:58 am

lol i just noticed the writings in the "choose your destiny page" pic, horde side i quote "fighting alongside other races that also struggle passing through doorways"
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:53 am

well account is active again.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 am

LOL, both jumping the gun rather early! Its probably a year before MoP releases.

As long as you're having fun I suppose...
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 pm

i am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:12 pm