Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

2 posters

So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift

Ondyne
    Ondyne

So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift Empty So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift

Post by Ondyne Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 pm

While I certainly haven't been playing nearly as much as I used to, I have enjoyed the game thus far. I still haven't uninstalled ff14(my subconscious is still holding out hope for improvements) and I don't think I'll ever play WoW again for the rest of my life.
    So what has happened to the guild, is everyone scattered across games now?
    Khalus
    Khalus

So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift Empty Re: So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift

Post by Khalus Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Dunno if the guild even exists anymore, as I know we've all pretty much gone our own ways, though we still chat from time to time here. There are several of us playing Rift on Faeblight, most of us are Defiant while others are Guardian or play both sides. Though I've never seen or met anyone in-game yet. Its mostly solo anyway, and with how quick and easy it is joining rifts and other random players for quests, I really don't see a purpose for joining a guild unless you were into raiding.

Also, I just don't play for as long as I used to with MMOs, but I am enjoying Rift and taking it slow. Level 32 now, and just started in Scarlet Gorge last night {3rd zone} Most of my times online are after 12am, though sometimes I'll pop in at a random time during the day.

I too still have FFXIV installed and keep it updated, and I did log in yesterday to just pop in and see how I felt about it. I was at camp Drybone in Thanalan and I ran West a bit where the path started downhill and then ran into the "now larger" squirrels and the fluffy ones, and was like, "yeah thats just looks stupid how large they are now!" So I killed a squirrel and then logged out. {The combat is boring and too slow after playing Rift, plus it was so quiet and I didn't see anyone else.} I used to like that about XI, but I guess I don't anymore...

I'll still check out the new UI and combat changes if they ever happen, but actually playing I doubt will happen this year...still far too much needs to be gotten done before its worth playing to me, if ever!
    Ondyne
    Ondyne

So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift Empty Re: So yeah, after a break from mmo's. I bought Rift

Post by Ondyne Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

I made a defiant mage on Faeblight (Dryad), but I like the world pvp Rift has. It's also weird to be able to hear the opposing side complain. Charlie and I have Guardians on Sunrest, level 25 since we waited so long to start and don't play too much during the week. My cleric(Undine) is 25 and my bard(no, she won't ever play as any other rogue soul, Ariaa) is 19. I'll mess around a bit on faeblilght when Charlie is working. Right now he's trying to fix the lawnmower, but after that we're going swimming. pirat
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Interesting, I didn't know you could read the other side on a PvP server, thats new. While it could get old reading all the bitching eventually, I suppose the conversations could become quite different than just listening to your side bitch about being defeated or how they keep getting ganked...ROFL
    Ondyne
    Ondyne

Post by Ondyne Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 pm

It keeps it more honest. Actually, I see more arguements from my own team. There was a cleric that was 10 levels ahead of me that couldn't kill either Charlie and I as long as we were together, and we kept chasing her for a good 20 minutes. She would be yelling and goading us on, we'd be yelling and insulting the fact she was running, but we were all having fun. Then some 12 year old got drive by pounded on by her, and came back cussing and complaining in yell. Sigh.
    But the world pvp is fun, you still get favor from it, and it's not in a big box, you can rage across zones. Smile
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah, I'll admit I used to enjoy PvP back in the DAoC days when it was "truly world PvP" but everything since has been battlefields and instances, or in AoC's case so blatantly unfair in the world part, its just dumb.

I may give it a chance someday, but I'm gonna get to 50 on my Defiant before starting another char and that could be months yet, the way I'm playing!
    Ondyne
    Ondyne

Post by Ondyne Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 pm

There's talk about making Rift's world pvp more like DAoC, with keeps you can take over and such. I have to hand it to Trion, they are constantly fixing bugs and responding to the players wants.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:19 pm