Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
FFXIV 2.0...!? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

4 posters

FFXIV 2.0...!?

Khalus
    Khalus

FFXIV 2.0...!? Empty FFXIV 2.0...!?

Post by Khalus Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 pm

So it would appear that the free period of FFXIV is coming to a close in about 2 months time. I knew this was gonna come eventually, but I think this is way too early, especially when they start talking about the PS3 version and an all new client that won't be released until after Feb 2013.

Basically what I'm getting out of all this, is that what they've done this past year was just a taste of things to come, restructuring the dev team and getting used to the game engine and what it can do, but the real changes and game updates are all part of this 2.0 redesign. Many of the things they changed over the past year are being redesigned again for 2.0...LOL

FFXIV 2.0 Announcement

The New FINAL FANTASY XIV and the PlayStation®3 System Version

Between October and December of 2012, we plan to integrate the current service and the coming PlayStation®3 version into the all-new FINAL FANTASY XIV. At this time, a second free trial period will also be offered.

Among our new plans is the fundamental reworking of in-game maps. As part of this process, there will be a period required for switching over to a new client and new servers, after which there will be a large transfer of data when service is brought back online. After the new client is completed, new software for the PC version will be distributed online, and can be acquired free of charge. Character data and progressfor players already playing the PC version will also be preserved, allowing those players to continue using their in-game avatars. Another announcement will be made in the future as the day on which the new FINAL FANTASY XIV software will become available for download draws near, and the PlayStation®3 system version officially released.

FFXIV has been getting good with the latest patches, and I like where most of its been going, some not, but looking at their expanded roadmap and of things to come, I think I might as well not bother with XIV anymore until this new 2.0 version finally releases. And on that note, I'll more than likely restart from scratch, because of all the radical changes.

I like the idea of a new graphics engine and art assets in the relaunch to keep it up to date and remain on top with the best graphics, being that it'll be 2 years since lanuch, and they even mentioned that a high-end PC will be required to fully experience what it'll offer! {Might have to upgrade again to the new Intel chip releasing in early 2012. Though not until just before 2.0, so late 2012...maybe}

In the 3rd link down is some really juicy info, about an AH finally, Summoning & Taming abilities {more than likely new classes} as well as a pet system to fight along side you they can grow. Player estates was mentioned {housing} There is also the male Miqo'te & Female Roegadyn as a definitive yes for 2.0. What I like the most is the new character creation screen, with lots more options, and they said everyone will get the chance to redesign their character from scratch, the changes will be that significant and the mannequin system sounds great!

Seriously that new UI concept looks incredible but I do have a little concern for the map redesigns. Yes they look great, but also much much smaller, so hopefully they're plannign to release a ton more zones and maybe an expansion of sorts when this 2.0 launches along side the PS3 version.

FFXIV 2.0...!? FFXIVnewUI
    Talos
    Talos

FFXIV 2.0...!? Empty Re: FFXIV 2.0...!?

Post by Talos Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 am

now see i wish those morons would have waited to release it like 2.0 then it be worth my time but by 2013 it will be a forgotten game, it will have to fight with swtor, gw2 along with the 40k MMO, well if they offer a come back and try it for free for us when it is all bad ass like then maybe i will reinstall it on my system.
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:19 pm

i cant wait for ff14 2.0. i really want to play ff again but not untill these changes, and like you khal im going to start from scratch
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Guessing you didn't read it all Talos. SE did say that from Nov-Febish 2013 they will make it free for the PC ver again to test the new 2.0 changes leading up to the PS3 release. {Probably for only those of us that have purchased the game already or do between now and then.}

Honestly though, with SWTOR releasing almost a full yr before these changes, and I'm betting on GW2 by summer 2012, so 6-8 mo before. And with XIV getting a new graphics engine, I could see this doing well "IF" they do everything as planned and more. Like they had better have a massive new expansion with at least a half-dozen or more new zones, and maybe a lvl cap increase. Its already hinted at that at least 4-6 new classes are in the works, on top of the 6-7 jobs coming in Nov-Feb.

Anyway though, I still have at least 7mo of it paid for...LOL

And oh yeah Talos have you been keeping up with the 40K and Space Marine debacle thats been going on. Supposedly there is some heated discussions about not wanting a Space Marine sequel because it would interfere with 40K MMO, and whatnot. I didn't read it all, but though you should know about it...could get ugly.

Also the dev of 40K MMO said that anything on the net about the MMO, concerning 2 factions or whatever else is all pure speculation and that none of it is accurate info. {Here's hoping they actually do it right then and are working on a 3 or even 4 faction system as it should be then...}
    Devros
    Devros

Post by Devros Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:50 pm

looking forward to 2.0, not gonna be starting from scratch but may be chaning my race.
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:42 pm

the right way to do a 40k mmo khalus is that there are no factions, its bascily race vs race
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 am

Understandable, but try and explain that to the investors...lol I'd love to see it all races are for themselves, but you know they'll pair many of them together to save time and money.
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:19 am

and then it stops being a good warhammer game lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 am