Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

3 posters

Alt + Tab Crash being abolished....

Khalus
    Khalus

Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... Empty Alt + Tab Crash being abolished....

Post by Khalus Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:09 pm

Lets see now, its only taken SE almost 10yrs to fix this problem{across XI and XIV}... At least its finally coming with the 2.0 release:

Sonomaa (BG): Will the graphics engine support Direct X10/11 and additional features, such as a full screen windowed mode without the limitations of ALT-TAB killing your game. DirectX 9.0c was a great API for Windows XP, but we're not on that anymore. We have very powerful graphics cards. We want the game to play like we know it should. Will the new engine will be a DirectX 10/11 engine or will it be an older, legacy engine.

Square-Enix: First thing, we're going to make sure ALT-TAB does not kill your game! [laughs] We're sorry it still happens!

The first thing, with this current graphics engine, is that you can't do things such as display more than 40 characters at the same time. That, to him (Yoshida), was nonsense. First, we wanted to start off by having an engine that covers that, and get rid old problems like that. We're making the new graphics engine such that if you have a high-end PC, we want you to be able to display tons of different characters and not have it tax your CPU. But we're also making it to where low-end PCs can also play it and have a similar experience without losing too much, without having to have that high-end PC. We hope to have that by 2.0. After the release of 2.0, getting it ready for DirectX 11 is the next step. We had the option of having DirectX 11 ready at release, but it would have made release later. So we wanted to get the new engine out and have this type of high quality for high-end/low-end. Then our next step is DirectX 11. And again, it was a priority thing. We had this schedule of how we wanted to remake the game in an unprecedented time of 2 years and to make that, we chose to do that first and then go to DirectX 11. But we do promise that we will do it. It's not one of those things where, "But well, yeah, 11, yeah, whatever blah blah..."

BG:
    That's important for a lot of our community. They don't want to play an old game. They want to play a new game, and if they upgrade, they don't want their new hardware to not have compatibility. That's the problem our FFXI users are running into. They buy a new graphics card - Oh, we have a list of graphics cards not to buy because they cannot play FFXI on those graphics cards!

SE: That's one of the main things we have in our head when we're planning for our new engine. We want those high-end users to take advantage of their high-end platform and get the best out of it as they can. To make sure we have an engine that can support that.
    Tyr
    Tyr

Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... Empty Re: Alt + Tab Crash being abolished....

Post by Tyr Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:33 am

god fucking damn, about time, thats one of the problems i had wiht ff11 and 14 but hey yay they fixed it
    Talos
    Talos

Alt + Tab Crash being abolished.... Empty Re: Alt + Tab Crash being abolished....

Post by Talos Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 pm

when it happens i will see believe it
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I don't see why it should take them another yr to implement this fix though. This is something that could probably be done in about an hr and hot-fixed. Although it did take nearly 6 years of complaining before they added a shoddy windowed ver to XI.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:53 pm