Khrymson ~ Eclipse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to our community. ~ Please take a moment to Register and then join us in our discussions,
be they 1P gaming of the various genres, MMORPGs, Movies, Books, Anime or entirely non-related in our Off-Topic Chat. Enjoy~
Please read the thread "About Khrymson ~ Eclipse" in our News & Announcements
where you can learn more about these forums, why I've chosen to build them and the features yet to come.

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 195 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:23 pm

Latest topics

» Male Miqo'te {first screenie}
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am by Khalus

» FFXIV 2.0
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm by Devros

» Betacake Review
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am by Khalus

» Steam is very addicting!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm by Khalus

» Minerim: The Ender Scrolls V
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 am by Khalus

» Well screw you too Bioware...
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 am by Talos

» The Hobbit ~ An Unexpected Journey Trailer
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am by Khalus

» Bought my new HDTV!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 am by Khalus

» yes i am a giant nerd, deal with it!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:56 pm by Talos

» One Hell of a Headshot!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am by Khalus

» The Making of Skyrim ~ .torrent found!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 am by Khalus

» skyrim screenshots
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 pm by Tyr

» Dragon Fight!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am by Khalus

» 14-Day Free Trial has returned!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am by Khalus

» Skyrim Mods
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 am by Khalus

» Song of Skyrim
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm by Khalus

» Dovahkiin's Day Off…
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 pm by Khalus

» PC Screens!!!!
5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm by Khalus

Shoutbox

4 posters

5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games

Khalus
    Khalus

5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games Empty 5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games

Post by Khalus Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 am

And I think I just figured out what my problem has been the past few years regarding games of late. Its me that has changed, and probably not so much the games/devs that I keep blaming. Granted most new games really are crap, compared to what I grew up with and I don't have the level of imagination presented in the article anymore, to fully exploit the fun that the younger generation does.

Anyway, read the article to get more insight into what I'm thinking and if you're around the age I am 33+ or older, see if you don't agree on at least a few of these 5 points.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMO almost everything of late has not been very good, or not as engaging as I expected them to be, but in reality they probably are really good and I just can't see it anymore. I still try everything because on occasion something does fulfill my desires and draws me in like the Mass Effect series, and Divinity II which were the last 3 games I truly enjoyed.

And most recently Space Marine and Deus Ex I thought were going to be fun, but I didn't really enjoy them, neither Dead Island{probably better multiplayer}. The next huge title I'm waiting on is Skyrim, and while I loved Morrowind and Oblivion, I sure hope this one draws me in as much as those did.

As far as MMOs go, I'm now awaiting Guild Wars 2, nothing else as of this moment is more appealing.
    Touchi

5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games Empty Re: 5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games

Post by Touchi Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 pm

good read khal, gotta agree on the first point (reason #5) regarding time, i could only imagina the writer having to juggle 3 kids, now that i have only 1 kid and already that took lots of my game time.

but this is the only reason why i had to refrain myself from playing too much MMO. see how i progressed in WoW last time, you were at lvl 40 and i'm still at 20, when the day before we were dungeoning together at equal lvl, i just don't have that much time anymore.

guess i have to settle for single player games for now at least until i can mmo together with my kids lol. but then if i re-think that thought, its just my wishful thinking about the future so many years ahead that i can't even possibly see or feel.

not entirely agree with the other 4, tho i found the reasoning quite strong and valid. maybe i haven't hit the writer's age or yours khal. ill get back to it in 5 more years to re-review myself then, provided i still remember about this post =p

Tyr
    Tyr

5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games Empty Re: 5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games

Post by Tyr Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:56 pm

my main problem with that articale is well as i got older i found games got shorter not longer. and to me thats a bad thing. i miss the 100hr+ games that sucked you in with the story, now adays its great if a game is 10 hrs long.
    Khalus
    Khalus

Post by Khalus Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah, I hear ya there. I didn't agree with it all, especially the longer games part. I love the massive Elder Scrolls 300+ hr games, but as you've said they're getting shorter and shorter, because a majority of them are cut-scenes and vocals.
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 am

and then review sites are spouting shit like. this game has a massive work of art at 11hrs long. its a great story telling piece. now to me. 11hrs is a warmup to the main event not the whole damn game
    Talos
    Talos

Post by Talos Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:09 am

yeah no kidding, space marine was super short. boarderlands was actually long plus with the DLC made it even longer, fallout and elder scrolls was super long like 300 hours plus with all DLC. i hope to go RAGE is at least 30 hours, dues ex was like 20 hours i think, super awesome game if u ask me. dead island is what tyr? around maybe 30?
    Tyr
    Tyr

Post by Tyr Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:47 pm

man im on hr 12 or 15 and im still only half way into the game. too meny damn zombies to kill

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 pm